Join The Team!
Sammy’s Truck & Trailer Repair Service Ltd.
Ready to Help Change the Way Business are Run?
Commercial Transport Mechanic
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on highway trucks and trailers
- Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause and correction format.
- Perform required inspections and preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity and life of the unit.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.- Welding and fabrication as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- HD truck technical training or trailer mechanic experience
- Ability to safely and efficiently work around heavy equipment, trucks and trailers perform work in a safe manor in accordance with policies
- Skilled in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on trucks and equipment
- Knowledge of engines and controls, transmissions and controls, brakes and suspensions, and of hydraulic systems
- Skilled in welding and cutting
- Ability to work in various inside and outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, and job hazards
- Ability to hear sufficiently to accurately assess equipment problem
- Must be neat and professional in appearance
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Must be able to safely and efficiently operate equipment
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work around heavy equipment in a safe manner
- Must be environmentally conscious and solution-oriented
- Must be a problem-solver
- Must be able to receive instruction and carry out directives as per company policy
What we are looking for:
- Motor Vehicle Inspector Certification
- 3+ years of experience.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented individuals who have the ability to perform successfully under pressure
- Professional demeanor and superior customer service skills
- Valid Driver’s License Class 5
If this sounds like you, apply today! Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or you can send us your resume directly at email@example.com